Trees are normally marked on their north side at the Nursery. They should not have any more than a quarter turn when replanted. Some varieties don’t care but most do! You can dig a bigger diameter of hole than what the tree needs ,but don’t dig any deeper than they need to be at their natural growing height. Flood tree roots with water to bring out any air and settle earth tight against root ball.
Goderich soil is healthy if you don’t fertilize they will still grow I have been fertilizing my nursery this week high phosphorous and potash low in nitrogen. Mulch is great but no more than 3 inches deep or it will keep air from getting to the roots. Copy and pasted from one of our Tree Experts.
- #FF @ONgov Check out the new #Ontario government Twitter for news and info about Ontario programs and services. 5 years ago
- RT @NewsBayshore: Five flatbed trucks of trees will parade in #Goderich for the town's tornado recovery tinyurl.com/acer7v8 5 years ago
- RT @OSTourism: #OwenSound @HFHGB needs your help. VOTE OWEN SOUND for $100,000 from @BrickWarehouse ow.ly/f8c76 #HabitatforHumanity 5 years ago
- RT @onwestcoast: Check out the "All you Can Eat Fireman's Breakfast" Sat 8am-11am at Crediton Sportsplex, with kids activities until 4pm. 5 years ago
- RT @SusanCArmstrong: This is Goderich. How Markets Scale to Fit Communities: An Interview with Larry Lund bit.ly/RtWru2 5 years ago